Whether you are a sole proprietor, a sales rep, or a VP of sales or marketing, building and maintaining your customer database should be of great concern to you.
If your goal is to grow your business, then you need to build your customer database.
Having a well-groomed database of all of your prospects and customers will save you time and money. Having ready access to all of your data can make it much easier to reach them in cost-effective ways. After all, it’s easy to send a quick email with a new product announcement or even a special offer to stimulate some business at just the right time for you or your company.
Many companies, especially those with multiple sales reps, have customer data distributed in various locations which can be difficult to manage and secure. One of the first steps in organizing your business is to centralize all of your customer and prospect data.
Here are some ideas that can help you get going:
- Create an easy to use web-based database that everyone can put data into. PlanPlus Online is perfect for this.
- Track the number of records inputted by each person and share it on a regular basis. It’s amazing how a simple scorecard will prompt people to action.
- Have a contest. Many companies hold contests and award prizes to sales reps that import the most data. In other words, bribes really can work!
- Attach a Web Form to your website. Stop posting your sales@… or support@… email address on your website and start directing people to a Web Form that captures the data directly into your system. This can eliminate manual data entry and reduce the chance of loss.
- Import it. PlanPlus Online has easy .CSV import features that allow you to bring data in from virtually any data source.
- Sync it. PlanPlus Online can sync your data from with just a click.
PlanPlus Online is a great tool for creating a centralized database. Because PlanPlus Online is cloud-based, your data is safe and protected. You don’t have to worry about your computer crashing or your dog spilling a soda on your laptop and losing your data. Critical data is safely backed up to the cloud and is accessible from any internet connection.