You’re thinking about building a more productive website, one that will grow with your business and also help you get noticed on Google search. So how do you choose which platform to build or relaunch your site with?
There’s tons of products out there. We built our website on WordPress, a website content management systems (CMS) that makes up some 25.3% of all websites in the world.
Why is it so popular and why do we recommend WordPress as our CMS of choice for integration with PlanPlus Online?
- Options. Our top reason to choose WordPress is the large number of options it provides regardless of what your business needs, degree of involvement, or budgetary restrictions are. You can find WordPress website options from a few dollars a month for a do-it-yourselfer to tens of thousands of dollars with experienced professionals.
- Search Engine Optimization. WordPress is one of the best “bang for your buck” options for SEO. There really is not a more friendly website platform or content administration system than WordPress that will give you out-of-the-box SEO traction. WordPress gets a large amount of love from Google since the base framework makes crawling an internet site very easy for engines like Google. Matt Cutts, Distinguished Professional of Google, states that “WordPress handles 80-90% of the mechanics of SEO.” So long as you’re consistently adding excellent content and making your site user-friendly, then WordPress is going to do the rest.
- Personalization. With thousands of themes and plugins to select from, customizing the design and functionality of the WordPress website is extremely easy. If you’ve considered a feature chances are someone has built an effective plugin for this. If you’re stuck on what design look and feel and look to use for your site, then you can very easily find numerous clean, expert looking theme designs.
- Usability. Making regular updates to your website is critical for SEO. The most common reason that most people don’t make regular updates to their websites is that it is too difficult to do so. With WordPress, updates to the site are easy. In most layouts you can simply “add a new post” and create new content. WordPress has been doing an amazing job of creating a very user-friendly content management system which makes adding content as easy as utilizing a simple rich-text publisher. With each update that WordPress pushes out, the actual dashboard, editor and overall CMS all get better still.
- Support. The large WordPress community has helped to determine and maintain detailed and helpful support forums on the web. The WordPress support forums will answer virtually every single possible question you might have about WordPress. It is always important to have a good resource, chances are you can find a very knowledgeable and skilled WordPress developer.
If you want to provide a link to a great WordPress developer that you know, please add them in the comments here.
If you want an introduction to a great one, contact us for a referral.